Monday, May 10, 2010

Soufiane: "Now I can start my own business"

"I dropped out of school at the secondary level," says 100 Hours to Success trainee Soufiane. "The only choice I had was to help my father in the small shop he bought after his retirement; and from time to time, I helped some people in building construction and agriculture for a pittance.

"My father charged me with the responsibility for his small food store, but I didn’t like this task because I was too shy; I couldn’t say "NO", to customers who asked me to sell them foodstuff on credit.

"After a while, the shop was so empty that we were obliged to close it. I was very demoralized by this situation.

"Later, I heard of training organized by (MEDA partner) ASSAMID, so I registered myself and began the training.

"After some time, I took back my self-confidence and I have become a more positive person. Now I can look someone in the eye and say "NO" when he asks me for something that I cannot do.

"Before the end of the training period, I learned a range of skills, including small project management and how to manage savings. Now I know the importance of balancing finance. I have become another person, and many people have noticed this change.

"Now I can start my own business and I’m sure that I can make it successful."

No comments:

Post a Comment